Drop it in the mail, not the landfill. In order to continuously reduce our environmental impact, we participate in the Zero Waste Box Program with Terra-Cycle. They have created a zero waste solution for beauty products and packaging.
What We Accept
- Beauty packaging such as lip balm tubes, makeup remover bottles and pumps, fragrances bottles and pumps, and deodorant sticks.
- Skin care packaging such as face mask packaging, eco-refill pouches, and dispensers and tubes for soap, facial cleansers and body lotions.
- Hair Products (Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Styling, Products)
- Hair care packaging such as pumps and caps from shampoo and conditioner bottles, hair care dispensers and containers, hair product trigger heads, and eco-refill pouches.
What We Do Not Accept
- No aerosol cans, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, and nail polish remover bottles
- Electronic items such as blow dryers and straighteners
- Biomedical or bio hazardous waste
- Any contents of packaging such as nail-polish, lotion, soap, or ointments
How Terra-Cycle Zero Waste Box Works
Once collected, the beauty and skin care items are sorted and separated by material composition. The collected waste is mechanically and/or manually separated into metals, glass and plastics.
Metals are melted so they may be recycled. The glass is melted and recycled. The plastics undergo extrusion and pelletization to be molded into new recycled plastic products.
The separated items are then cleaned, shredded, and made into new recycled products.
Terra-cycle uses only circular methods (reuse, upcycling or recycling) for re-purposing the waste they collect through there various programs. Terra-cycle will never landfill or incinerate your waste.
What To Expect
Once we have received your recycle package, you will receive an email within 3 - 5 business days showing how many bottles you have prevented from ending up in a landfill.